The Korea Defense Veterans Association, a nonprofit organization based in northern Virginia, is looking for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented part-time Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will work directly with senior executives and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks. This position is 100% remote with flexible four-hour workdays, Monday-Friday. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization with competitive compensation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Support KDVA executives with administrative support.
- Manage tasks and deadlines to ensure leaders know important tasks and meet deadlines; provide reminders and follow-up.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, drafting letters, and working with KDVA members, partners, supporters, and donors.
- Prepare internal and external organizational documents.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate and manage travel itineraries.
- Coordinate and support KDVA events in the Washington, DC area that take place outside of the work place, such as social and professional networking events, fund-raising events, banquets, and professional conference events.
- Coordinate with the KDVA staff in South Korea to support their activities.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Attend board meetings and other meetings, and prepare executive summaries and minutes.
- Coordinate with external vendors (lawyers, accountants, website and social media manager, etc.).
- Implement processes and policies for efficiency, quality control, and compliance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Take on special projects.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior leaders.
- Have a support mindset. Understand the work expectations of KDVA’s executives and be committed to making their work more effective.
- Resourcefulness and adaptability. Find creative solutions; find information and solutions with little direction; and adapt to changing priorities.
- High work standards. Have good attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Excellent communication. Have clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and motivation. Be a self-starter; highly responsive with excellent follow-through and follow-up; and work independently.
- Planning and deadline driven. Plan strategically, prioritize, and organize tasks to achieve objectives.
- Team-minded. Be friendly, professional, and respectful in working with KDVA teammates.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with Member365 programs and software.
- Have your own reliable computer with web camera and antivirus software, high-speed wireless internet, and smart phone.
Preferred Skills and Experiences.
- Interest in the ROK-U.S. Alliance and the KDVA mission.
- Working knowledge of the ROK and U.S. military, foreign policy, corporate, and government or academic communities.
- Worked or lived in South Korea is desirable but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree is great but not required if you do amazing work.
- Accounting skills would be great.
- Korean speaker is a plus.
- Department of Defense or Military spouses are encouraged to apply.
- Work is 100% remote in a four-hour workday, during core business hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. KDVA prefers 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, but it is negotiable.
- There is some flexibility in work hours as long as deadlines are met.
- Be available to support occasional special events outside of the work place, such as social and professional networking events, fund-raising events, banquets, and professional conference events.
- Must reside in the Washington, DC metro area – there is no relocation expense.
- The total compensation is $35,000.
- Fifteen vacation days.
- KDVA observes all U.S. federal holidays.
- No other compensation or benefits.
Resumes accepted until 4:00 p.m. EST on January 9, 2020 at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The employer does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, or veteran status.