KDVA membership is open to the following:
- Former and current U.S. military & DOD personnel of U.S. Forces Korea (“USFK”), Combined Forces Command (“CFC”), or the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.
- U.S. military & DOD personnel who meet the requirements for the Korea Service Medal (“KSM”) or the Korea Defense Service Medal (“KDSM”) as delineated in AR 600-8-22, Military Awards (5 March 2019) paragraphs 2-27 or 2-22. (see excerpt)
- Korean Augmentation to United States Army (“KATUSA”) Veterans.
- Retired ROK Military personnel who have served in or been assigned to one of the following for at least three consecutive months.
- United Nations Command (“UNC”).
- CFC Headquarters and its components.
- ROK Embassy in the United States.
- Other ROK–U.S. Combined Commands.
- MND, JCS, and/or Service HQs.
- Former and current ROK government civilians of CFC and USFK, if ROK law or regulations do not prohibit.
- Adult supporters of the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- College students who are interested in the U.S.-ROK Alliance.
- ROK & U.S. distinguished personnel who are dedicated to enhancing ROK-U.S. Alliance
- Former and current U.S. and ROK government interagency personnel who directly worked or work on ROK-U.S. Alliance topics