KDVA membership is open to the following:
- Former and current U.S. military & DOD personnel of U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) or Combined Forces Command (CFC).
- Retired ROK military personnel who served in CFC for at least three continuous months.
- Korean Augmentation To United States Army (KATUSA) Veterans.
- U.S. military & DOD personnel who meet the requirements for the Korea Defense Service Medal (KDSM).
- 30 consecutive or 60 nonconsecutive days serving in Korea
- KDSM requirements are in the updated (as of 5 March 2019) AR 600-2-88, Military Awards in paragraph 2-22 (see excerpt).
- Former and current ROK government civilians of CFC and USFK, if ROK law or regulations do not prohibit.
- Adult supporters of the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- College students who are interested in the U.S.-ROK Alliance.
- ROK & U.S. distinguished personnel who are dedicated to enhancing ROK-U.S. Alliance
- Former and current U.S. and ROK government interagency personnel who directly worked or work on ROK-U.S. Alliance topics