The Revisit Korea Program for Korea Defense Veterans refers to a weeklong program provided by the Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs (MPVA) for Korea Defense Veterans and their families.
KDVA is very thankful to the ROK Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs (MPVA) for sponsoring this important and exciting program. For the 3rd year, KDVA will manage the application and selection of Korea Defense Veterans who served in Korea since the signing of the Armistice Agreement on July 27, 1953.
The number of participants and dates are still being determined for the 2023 trip.
Participants will be selected from among KDVA members. For U.S. Defense Veterans who are not yet KDVA members and would like to be eligible for participation in the Revisit Program, please join KDVA as a Regular Member by May 31, 2023 – it is free. If you plan to bring a spouse or companion, they must be a KDVA member. Associate memberships are available if they don’t meet Regular membership criteria. JOIN KDVA >
MPVA provides additional slots for the other Sending States and a travel companion. The Sending States that supported/are supporting the United Nations Command in Korea are Australia, Belgium, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, the Republic of South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Over 3.3 million U.S. Service Members and thousands from the other Sending States have served in Korea since the signing of the Armistice Agreement.
You must be a KDVA Regular Member to access the application. By clicking on the link below, you will be redirected to the member portal. Simply log in and then reclick on the “Apply Here” button to access the application. If you can’t log in, please try resetting your password. Your username is your email address.
If you have previously applied, we have your application on file and there is no reason to reapply.
If you are not a KDVA regular member, please apply here. – Membership is free!APPLY HERE
Revisit Korea Program Criteria –
Among those in the following categories, priority will be given to those who have never participated in the Revisit Korea Program.
- Defense Veterans (DV) who were stationed in Korea following the armistice agreement as a member of UN Forces, the United Nations Command Military Armistice Commission, or U.S. Forces Korea.
- Visit U.S. Camps/Air Bases, Panmunjom, Seoul National Cemetery, War Memorial of Korea, and Insadong; attend several key ROK-U.S. Alliance banquets and dinners. (This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change) – 2022 Itinerary
- A veteran will receive an economy class ticket, and one companion will receive half the price of an economy class ticket.
- A standard double room (two people per room) in a five-star hotel will be provided during the official itinerary.
- Ground Transportation
- Ground transportation to and from the airport while in Korea will be covered.
- Coach buses will be provided as a means of transportation for the official itinerary, and for long-distance travel, KTX will be available for participant’s convenience.
- Meals during the official itinerary and designated group meals will be covered.
Before applying, please understand MPVA will cover the majority of expenses for the trip; however, there are miscellaneous expenses participants will be expected to pay. Some of these expenses are:
- Companion Airfare – Half the price of an economy-class ticket
- U.S. Passport Application Fee (Only if you don’t already have one.)
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Any expenses incurred prior to entry into the Republic of Korea, including local transportation fees, meals at the airport, and layover accommodation costs
- Personal transportation outside of the official itinerary
- Costs for meals in restaurants or cafes outside of designated group meals
Additionally, the following forms and proof of receipts will be required after participants have been accepted into the program.
- Registration, Liability, and Medical Waiver Forms
- Copy of Passport
- Travel Insurance Receipt
Note: K-ETA Entry Fee is temporarily waived to the 22 countries/regions, including the USA, starting from April 1, 2023, to December 31, 2024. Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination is no longer required at this time.
Please carefully read the rules and guidelines before applying. – Korea Revisit Program Participation Rules 2023