April – Incorporated as Nonprofit (501(c)3) Organization, VA, USA
May – KDVA Foundation Ceremony, Washington D.C., USA
Driving the formation of the organization thru the support from ROK Embassy and KATUSA Veterans Association
Exchanging the Ideas with ROK Embassy in U.S. and Former CDRs/DCDRs/Other leaderships of USFK Units
Initiating the idea of gathering Service Members and Veterans who served in ROK
- The crossed ROK and US Flags symbolizes the strong alliance between the ROK and the U.S.
- The four stars represent the UNC/CFC/USFK, commanded by 4-Star General
- The first star represents the Korean War Veterans
- The second star represents the Korea Defense Veterans and Service Members (USFK/KATUSA/CFC(ROK)) post Korean War
- The third star represents the Family Members of the Veterans and Service Members
- The fourth star represents the DoD Civilians who has served in ROK
- The Laurel represents honors of veterans
- Letter “USFK/KATUSA/CFC” represents the members of KDVA
FINANCIAL AND LEGAL
The Korea Defense Veterans Association (KDVA) is a national nonprofit 501(c)3 Veterans Service Organization and is not part of, or endorsed by, the Department of Defense.
KDVA received its designation from the IRS as a charitable corporation in 1997 and maintains its good standing. KDVA’s Federal Tax Identification number is 82-1218295.