KDVA & KUSAF Honors recognize outstanding members for their contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance and to inspire making a difference for the Alliance’s future through the KDVA & KUSAF Honors.
Congratulations to the 2023 KDVA & KUSAF U.S. Honorees
CPT Tyler Williams
U.S. Service Member
CPT Tyler Williams was born in Temple, Texas not far from the Army base of Fort Hood. CPT Williams is the son of Brenda and David Williams. From an early age CPT Williams wanted to be a military man…
CPT TYLER WILLIAMS
Mr. Rick Bogusky
Rick Bogusky had a 24-year US Army career as a Field Artillery Officer and Korea FAO, serving 6 tours in Korea at all echelons of command and staff, and with close integration with the frontline ROK Army units….
MR. RICK BOGUSKY
Mr. Matthew Lee
Matthew is a multi-lingual published author and speaker including Global Public Procurement Conference. He has a Master of Science, Electrical Engineering at Johns Hopkins University, and a Goldman Sachs…
MR. MATTHEW LEE
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED FOR THE KDVA AND KUSAF HONORS?
- ROK Veteran Honoree.
- U.S. Veteran Honoree.
- ROK Service Member Honoree.
- U.S. Service Member Honoree.
- ROK Civilian Honoree.
- U.S. Civilian Honoree.
Criteria for Honoree Nominees:
- Nominee must be a KDVA regular member.
- Because active duty ROK service members cannot join professional organizations like KDVA under ROK law, the nominee for ROK Service Member Honoree, instead, must be serving in the United Nations Command, Combined Forces Command (CFC) Headquarters and its components, ROK Embassy in the United States, other R OK–U.S. Combined Commands, ROK Ministry of National Defense, ROK Joint Chiefs of Staff, and/or ROK Service HQs.
- Nominator can be anyone.
- It is expected that a nominee is a person of sound character and must have been discharged honorably.
- Nominee’s list of accomplishments or support for the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- Please list Nominee’s volunteer efforts.
- Please share a short biography (less than 250 words) that highlights nominee’s background.
- Please share a short statement (less than 250 words) about the nominee’s qualities including: selfless service, passion for the Alliance and Veterans, and how the nominee might use this Honor to contribute further to the Alliance.
- Submitted in Korean or English.
The nomination deadline for the 2023 Honors has passed. Please check back in early 2024 for more information on how to submit nominees for the 2024 KDVA & KUSAF Honors.