The KDVA Internship program provides students the opportunity to learn more about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and its diverse topics, gain invaluable professional experience, develop skills, make professional contacts, and make contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Interns are involved in diverse research and activity projects to include:
- Researching ROK-U.S. Alliance topics.
- Writing Alliance articles for the KDVA new quarterly journal, webpage, newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Serving as Research Assistants to team with a senior KDVA leader and write articles for KDVA platforms, news articles, and think tank publications.
- Collaborating with academic institutions and young professional organizations to research joint projects.
- Supporting events in Seoul and DC.
- Supporting social media efforts.
KDVA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (KIP), 2021-2022 – APPLY TODAY!
The Korea Defense Veterans Association’s mission is to enhance the ROK-U.S. Alliance by advocating for the Alliance and supporting the people who built and serve the Alliance.
Why Become a KDVA Intern?
The KDVA Internship Program provides volunteer opportunities to learn about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and its diverse topics, gain invaluable professional experience, develop skills, make professional contacts, and make contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Research Assistant Internship:
- Researching topics about the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- Writing articles for the KDVA Quarterly Journal, KDVA Monthly Newsletter, and KDVA social media platforms.
- Helping with social media.
- Very flexible hours – telework when you have the time.
Event Management and Support Internship:
- On-site support for very senior-level events.
- Event planning, support, and participation.
- Note taking and drafting executive summaries.
- Short duration efforts with a lasting impact.
- Locations: Events will take place in Washington, D.C. or Seoul.
- KDVA Members.
- KDVA Associate Members.
- Family Members of KDVA Members and Associate Members.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Experiences and Skills:
- Enthusiasm for the ROK-U.S. Alliance and the KDVA mission.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good grasp of or enthusiasm for learning social media technology, strategy, and innovation.
- For Research Assistant Internship: Strong writing and researching skills.
- For Event Internship: Poise and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with staff, honorees, volunteers, vendors, and members.
- One Year, October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022.
Academic credit will depend on your school’s requirements.
Questions? Email: email@example.com.
Please submit your application and resume by September 23, 2021. We plan to announce the 2021-2022 KDVA Internship Team by September 30, 2021.
2020 – 2021 Interns
We’re very thankful for their spirit of volunteerism and desire to learn about and help the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Sarah (Bo Young) Jeong
Hwang, Se Young