The KDVA Internship program (KIP) provides students the opportunity to learn more about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and its diverse topics, gain invaluable professional experience, develop skills, make professional contacts, and make contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Interns are involved in diverse research and activity projects to include:
- Researching ROK-U.S. Alliance topics.
- Writing Alliance articles for the KDVA new quarterly journal, webpage, newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Serving as Research Assistants to team with a senior KDVA leader and write articles for KDVA platforms, news articles, and think tank publications.
- Collaborating with academic institutions and young professional organizations to research joint projects.
- Supporting events in Seoul and DC.
- Supporting social media efforts.
About the KDVA Internship Program –
The Korea Defense Veterans Association’s mission is to enhance the ROK-U.S. Alliance by advocating for the Alliance and supporting the people who built and serve the Alliance.
Why Become a KDVA Intern?
The KDVA Internship Program provides volunteers opportunities to learn about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and its diverse topics, gain invaluable professional experience, develop skills, make professional contacts, and make contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Research Assistant Internship:
- Researching topics about the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- Writing articles for the KDVA Quarterly Journal, KDVA Monthly Newsletter, and KDVA social media platforms.
- Helping with social media.
- Very flexible hours – telework when you have the time.
Event Management and Support Internship:
- On-site support for very senior-level events.
- Event planning, support, and participation.
- Note taking and drafting executive summaries.
- Short duration efforts with a lasting impact.
- Locations: Events will take place in Washington, D.C. or Seoul.
- KDVA Members.
- KDVA Associate Members.
- (College students who are interested in the U.S.-ROK Alliance and adult supporters of the
- ROK-U.S. Alliance can join NOW to become an Associate Member: https://kdva.vet/members/.)
- Family Members of KDVA Members and Associate Members.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Experiences and Skills:
- Enthusiasm for the ROK-U.S. Alliance and the KDVA mission.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good grasp of or enthusiasm for learning social media technology, strategy, and innovation.
- For Research Assistant Internship: Strong writing and researching skills.
- For Event Internship: Poise and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with staff, honorees, volunteers, vendors, and members.
One Year, October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
Academic credit will depend on your school’s requirements.
We’re very thankful for their spirit of volunteerism and desire to learn about and help the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
James Di Napoli
Yun, Juman (Jason)
Gi Deok Kim
Keebum “Kevin” Kim
Ko, Cheolhyuk (Steve)
June Young Lee
Kyung Jun Moon
Sarah (Bo Young) Jeong
Hwang, Se Young