ROK-U.S. Alliance Peace Conference
The Korea Defense Veterans Association (KDVA) and the Korea-U.S. Alliance Foundation (KUSAF) invite you to attend this conference series that bring together American and Korean senior leaders and thought leaders to discuss current topics about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and our Veterans.
Washington, DC – July 28, 2021
- General (Ret.) Vincent Brooks, Chairman & President, KDVA Former Commander of UNC/CFC/USFK
- General (Ret.) Jung, Seung Jo, President, KUSAF, Former ROK Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Dr. John Hamre, CSIS President and CEO
Session 1 – Defense and Diplomacy Dialogue (3D). Discussion about how defense and diplomacy will work together to realize the “U.S.-ROK Leaders’ Joint Statement” (from the U.S.-ROK Summit) to make the Alliance better.
- Ms. Heidi H. Grant, Director, Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA)
- Deputy Minister Sung, Il, ROK Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA)
- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) JD Johnson, Former Commander, Eighth Army in Korea
- COL David Gigliotti, Chief, Joint U.S. Military Affairs Group–Korea (JUSMAG-K)
Session 2 – Defense Industry Dialogue (DID). Discussion about how defense industries in ROK and U.S. support and are planning to support the Alliance.
- Minister Yu, Myung Hwan, Former ROK Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Mark Lambert, Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of State
- Mr. Markus Garlauskas, Former National Intelligence Officer (NIO) for North Korea, NSC
- Professor Park, Myung Lim, Yonsei University