Lt. Gen. (Ret.) David Valcourt, has over 24 years of senior level business and executive leadership experience. A proven top performer with leadership experience in executive management, strategic planning, leader development, and security operations in three continents. Exemplifies trust, integrity, and values from a career of senior level Army service.
Upon retirement from the Army in 2010 as a Lieutenant-General, joined WILL Interactive as VP. WILL is a for-profit, woman owned, small business located in Potomac MD. WILL creates interactive training movies that influence human decision-making in support of both Department of Defense as well as private sector organizations to include the National Football League Players Association, Health Care, Veterans Administration and others. Effective 1 January 2016 transitioned from VP to a Special Advisor for WILL Interactive. Served as a Secretary of the Army appointed Senior Mentor/Highly Qualified Expert to US Forces Korea in support of Korean Theatre Defense training exercises January 2011 thru August 2016.This appointment will be completed in August 2016. Joined the Acushnet Holdings Corporation (Titleist, FootJoy) as a Board of Directors member October 2016 and currently serve as the Chair of the Nomination and Governance Committee.
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE:
- Deputy Commanding General and Chief of Staff, US Army Training and Doctrine Command…Ft Monroe, VA, 2008-2010. Orchestrates and directs command and staff operations of a four star command responsible for training, doctrine, and leader development of all active and reserve component NCOs, officers, and Army civilians.
- Commander, 8th United States Army and Chief of Staff United Nations Command, Combined Forces Command, and US Forces Korea…Seoul, Korea 2006-2008. Ensured the readiness and quality of life of 28,000 forward deployed Soldiers and Family members that included major armor, infantry, aviation, artillery, air defense, intelligence, and logistical support units. Integrated and directed Korean and US joint and combined staffs to strengthen the Republic of Korea-US Alliance and increase strategic Peninsula readiness, including the Demilitarized Zone’s Joint Security Area.
- Deputy Commanding General and Chief of Staff US Army Europe…Heidelberg, Germany 2005-2006. Directed and synchronized theatre master planning, installation management, budget and resource execution, force design updates, and force protection initiatives across US Army Europe while supporting Army combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Ft Sill Commanding General and Chief of Field Artillery…Ft Sill, OK 2003-2005. Provided leadership, direction, and vision to the Army and Marine Corps Field Artillery, joint and combined fire support training, doctrine, and combat developments. Commanded Fort Sill installation while improving quality of life, post infrastructure, and community relations with local and state level leaders.
- Army Strategic Planner (DAMO-SS), DA Staff…Pentagon, Washington DC 2003 Advised the Chief of Staff of the Army (CEO) before Pentagon “tank” sessions. Recommended strategy, policy, and resources to best prepare and maintain Army readiness in support of the Iraq and Afghanistan War fight.
- Assistant Division Commander (Maneuver), 2ID, Camp Red Cloud Korea 2000-2002. Provided daily mentorship to brigade level commanders regarding training, leader development, budget-resource planning and execution, as well as overall operational readiness. Specifically responsible for the safe execution of all artillery live fire and aviation operations by 2ID Soldiers in the Korean Theatre of Operations.
- Joint Staff, J39 Operations Division Chief…Pentagon, Washington DC 1998-2000. Provided daily oversight and security of joint requirements, acquisition, and development of the highest security Service compartmented special access programs (SAPs) in direct support of combatant commanders.
- MS…Strategy, Policy, and National Security, US Naval War College, Newport RI 1993
- MS… Physical Education, Springfield College, Springfield MA 1982
- BS…Engineering, US Military Academy, West Point, NY 1973
- US Army Representative … British Higher Command and Staff College, Shrivenham, UK 2002
- Association US Army (AUSA)
- US Army Field Artillery Association; President of Capital Cannoneers Chapter
- Army Emergency Relief Board of Directors
- Member, Military Officers Association of America
Happily married 42 years with three grown children and three grandchildren. An avid outdoorsman, I particularly enjoy fishing and fly tying for both salt and fresh water. I also enjoy boating, kayaking, and golf. Actively participate in programs to support Wounded Warriors and Veterans. Both my wife and I are originally from Chicopee Massachusetts and are in the process of establishing year round residence in Brewster Mass, on Cape Cod.