Hiring Announcement for Programs & Admin Assistant
March 4, 2023
The Korea Defense Veterans Association (KDVA), a nonprofit organization based in northern Virginia, is looking for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Programs & Admin Assistant (PAA). This is a part-time, remote position and the candidate must live in the DC Metro area. The PAA will be responsible for assisting with the numerous KDVA Programs such as events, chapter, and membership support. In addition, the PAA will assist in the operations and administrative tasks to help manage the further growth of KDVA. KDVA’s mission is to enhance the Republic of Korea – United States Alliance by advocating for the Alliance and supporting the people who built and serve the Alliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Event Support – Hands on support on-site to include but not limited to setting up/breaking down venue, AV coordination, and other support functions to ensure event runs smoothly.
- Research vendors, caterers, venues – conduct initial research and provide most viable and cost-conscious options.
- Assist in signing people up as KDVA Members at events.
- Membership Support – Assist in membership coordination.
- Work with KDVA’s member portal system.
- Assist in membership activities (i.e., membership drives, incentive programs, inquiries from members, etc.)
- Research/Coordinate/assist in managing vendors for merchandise, language/translation, printing companies, business cards, KDVA pins, etc.
- Assist in responding to volunteer emails; manage and maintain volunteer spreadsheet to keep track of volunteers and where they are located.
- Draft communications to include but not limited to Thank You letters, annual letters to donors, partners, and supporters.
- Assist in addressing, printing, stuffing envelopes, and mailing out annual letters.
- Chapter Support – make sure they have up to date KDVA materials.
- Update and maintain spreadsheet with POC and locations for new chapter interest.
- Update and maintain KDVA contact spreadsheet for Partners, Donors, and other contacts from events, business cards from meetings/events, etc.
- Assist in keeping schedule for monthly/quarterly calls with partners, chapters, interns, etc.
- Update and maintain Korean War/Korea Defense Veterans family stories and contact information.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents to include our board management system.
- Assist the management of tasks and deadlines for HQ staff; be a second set of eyes to provide reminders and follow-up to ensure deadlines are met including but not limited to monthly finance and accounting calendar.
- With guidance from VP of Program and Leadership Support, reach out to accounting firm, Payroll firm, and/or bank with any issues if needed.
- Assist in scheduling meetings, appointments, key leader engagements, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements, if needed.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Take on special projects.
- 2-3 years minimum experience as an Admin Assistant reporting to senior leaders.
- Have a support mindset: Understand the work expectations of the KDVA Staff and be committed to making their work more effective.
- Excellent communication: Have clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and motivation: Be a self-starter; highly responsive with excellent follow-through and follow-up; and work independently. Be resourceful and adapt to changing priorities.
- Team-minded: Be friendly, professional, and respectful in working with outside organizations.
- Strong technology competency: MS Suite, virtual meeting/conference software, etc.
- Have your own reliable computer with web camera and antivirus software, high-speed wireless internet, and smart phone.
Preferred Skills and Experiences.
- Interest in Korea, Veterans, and their Families.
- Work experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Accounting skills would be a plus.
- Worked or lived in South Korea is desirable but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree is great but not required.
- Korean speaker is a plus.
- Department of Defense or Military spouses are encouraged to apply.
- Core business hours, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday-Friday, but there is some flexibility with the work hours.
- Be available to support KDVA’s events and meetings on-site in the Washington, DC area that take place outside of the workplace such as events, banquets, and conferences.
- Must reside in the Washington, DC metro area – there is no relocation expense.
- The total compensation is $30,000.
- Fifteen vacation days.
- KDVA observes all U.S. federal holidays.
- No overtime; compensation time as needed.
We welcome your resumes and cover letters by 4:00 p.m. EST on March 17, 2023 at: KDVAHire@gmail.com.
The employer does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, or veteran status.
Leave a Reply