KDVA will hold a webinar about the KDVA Internship Program to give our members and supporters insights into the program and to answer questions from anyone interested in applying for the next internship group which will start on October 1, 2020.
General Walter Sharp will provide comments and take some of your questions as well.
So, please join us on Zoom on Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. EDT / 9:30 p.m. KST.
KDVA INTERNSHIP INFORMATION –
The Korea Defense Veterans Association’s mission is to enhance the ROK-U.S. Alliance by advocating for the Alliance and supporting the people who built and serve the Alliance.
Why Become a KDVA Intern?
The KDVA Internship Program provides volunteers opportunities to learn about the ROK-U.S. Alliance and its diverse topics, gain invaluable professional experience, develop skills, make professional contacts, and make contributions to the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
Research Assistant Internship:
- Researching topics about the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
- Writing articles for the KDVA Quarterly Journal, KDVA Monthly Newsletter, and KDVA social media platforms.
- Helping with social media.
- Very flexible hours – telework when you have the time.
Event Management and Support Internship:
- On-site support for very senior-level events.
- Event planning, support, and participation.
- Note-taking and drafting executive summaries.
- Short duration efforts with a lasting impact.
- Locations: Events will take place in Washington, D.C. or Seoul.
- KDVA Members.
- KDVA Associate Members.
- (College students who are interested in the U.S.-ROK Alliance and adult supporters of the ROK-U.S. Alliance can join NOW to become an Associate Member: https://kdva.vet/members/.)
- Family Members of KDVA Members and Associate Members.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Experiences and Skills:
- Enthusiasm for the ROK-U.S. Alliance and the KDVA mission.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good grasp of or enthusiasm for learning social media technology, strategy, and innovation.
- For Research Assistant Internship: Strong writing and researching skills.
- For Event Internship: Poise and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with staff, honorees, volunteers, vendors, and members.
- One Year, October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021.
Academic credit will depend on your school’s requirements.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application and resume by September 18, 2020. We plan to announce the KDVA Internship Team on September 25, 2020.